Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I was thinking about seeing if I can enlist in the Air Force.  I thought about it back in like September/October but I never talked to a recruiter because I was told that I couldn't join because I was on antidepressants.  I had looked online and there was this like loophole that confused me so I was like fuck it and ended up getting a job at the hotel.  Now I'm jobless again and thinking about it again and my friend (I'll call him J - he's my friend in the Marines) said that he didn't know if antidepressants would disqualify me and to just not say anything about it to anyone.  So I was thinking about maybe going and talking to a recruiter tomorrow when I pay my phone.  I'm not sure though.  I want to but I don't really want to be told that I can't.  If I had custody of my daughter (which I don't) I wouldn't be able to join.  But since I don't have custody I can but I will have to fill out a paper that says I didn't give up custody for the purpose of joining the military.  I didn't give her to her dad so I could join so I can maybe.  I'm just not sure what I would do about my weight issues.  I'm not underweight or anything.  So that's good I guess.  By good I mean it would help if I join.  I don't think they would let me enlist if I was underweight. I don't know if I could lose weight easily in the Air Force or not.  Or if I would really care once I joined.  It's a lot to think about.  Because of D and the fact that I am stuck with him for like ever and I just don't know.  I mean there were a few careers that I thought sounded good.  But I would have to enlist for at least 2 years.  I don't know that I would want to be in the Air Force for 2 years.  I could enlist for more but I just have no idea.  I would get a better signing bonus if I enlisted for longer and it could help pay for college.  It's a lot to think about.

~Kes

No comments:

Post a Comment