Sunday, June 19, 2011

I realize I have been a bad blogger but not really reading or commenting too much lately.  But now I am reading anything posted within the past 5 hours.  If it said posted 6 hours ago, that too long.  My arms are killing me.  They will not doubt be sore tomorrow.  Today?  It is past midnight.  Three Days Grace played until 10:50.  They started about 9:15.  Maybe before that.  My arms are sore from recording video of it.  There was someone in a hot air balloon floating above to listen to the concert.  People go out on the river and listen to the music on boats.  They can't see anything though.  Just listen.  Which would have sucked.  It was a really amazing show.  I have like 13 videos.  I would have made one long video but my camera won't let me record more than 20 minutes at a time.  But I had my 16 GB memory card so I could record a lot.  No one is probably interested in this though.  The first band (Hong Kong Sleepover) wasn't as bad as I expected.  They were actually good.  The name makes them sound like they would be shitty.  And New Medicine (the second band - the first band on the main stage) was pretty good.  I had listened to like 30 seconds of a couple songs earlier today and didn't really like them too well, but I guess they sound better live?  Or the fact that where I was standing was fairly close to the speakers and maybe being loud made it sound better?  Like so loud you can't hear/understand it?  Although it wasn't that loud.  I'm kind of rambling.  I do not see sleep in my near future though.  I was standing for like 3 1/2 hours.  My back was hurting and my legs and everything.  It was concrete.  At least this guy let me stand in front of him.  I was on the ledge thing then and was able to see better for the most part.  It was set up in a parking lot so I was standing on a curb like ledge thing.  Anyway.  I'm sore and sleep does not sound good.  I would have stayed longer but Money Shot (the closing band - the second band on the south stage (Hong Kong Sleepover was the first band on the south stage)) wasn't as good as I heard they were.  And they were weird.  Like the singer had dreadlocks and his face painted white and wore a weird hat and it looked like he was trying to hard to be remember-able and ended up remember-able for all of the wrong reasons.  So I left.  And found my car was surrounded.  Pinned in.  A car in front and a car behind and a car on one side and a truck with a boat trailer on the other side.  At least the truck with the trailer was leaving.  But it was quite difficult to get out given my lack of backing up ability.  It was nerve-wracking.  The drive home wasn't too bad.  Just a lot of cops out.  And the stupid car in front of the car in front of the car in front of the car in front of me (yes, that many cars in front of me) decided that the speed limit should be 50 instead of 55.  I was happy when it turned because then everyone sped up and I could drive happily at my usual 59 miles per hour.  Well, technically, I usually drive 4 mph over the speed limit, except in certain places and certain speed zone things (like 30 mph I drive about 30-32).  Anyway.  I should read blogs.  I will try to be a better blogger but I will probably be tired for at least today I guess it would be.



  1. You haven't been a bad blogger, my love.
    Sounds like you're tired! I really hope you get a good night's sleep. You deserve it, mi amor! :')

  2. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at the concert!
    It sounded like lots of fun!
    I hope today goes well for you and that you get caught up on sleep. :)
    Stay positive, stay beautiful! <3